WHAT WE STAND FOR
One America Initiative
One America in the 21st Century: The President’s Initiative on Race, or more simply known as the One America Initiative, was established by U.S. President Bill Clinton in 1997. The main thrust of the effort was to encourage community dialogue and address racial and ethnic issues in a productive way.
- I welcome you and want to do business with you.
- I will base my decision and opinions of you on who you are, not on any preconceived stereotypes or ingrained value judgments.
- I subscribe to the federal Fair Housing Act and its principles.
- I embrace and celebrate the strength that diversity brings to our communities and our nation.
- I will help you find opportunities to buy the home you choose.
- I will market homeownership to the public and reach out to people who may not know that homeownership is a realistic option.
- I will make sure you know there is a full range of housing choices available to you and encourage you to consider all communities and neighborhoods.
- I will make every effort to maintain open two-way communication. If we do not share a common language, I will work with you to find someone who can interpret.
- I have incorporated these principles in my daily operations and my overall business plan. I would be proud to share the plan with you.
- I am here to help you meet your real estate needs because you are the reason I am in business.
- Please let me know about any cultural or special needs that you have so that our business relationship will be comfortable and successful.
FAIR HOUSING FOR ALL
Keller Williams Realty, Inc. ("KWRI") encourages and supports an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. All residential real estate information on this website is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968, as amended, which makes it illegal to advertise " any preference, limitation, or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial states, or national origin, or intention to make any such preference, limitation or discrimination." Your state or local jurisdiction may impose additional requirements. We are committed to the letter and spirit of the United States policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity.
Keller Williams Realty, Inc. is a franchise company. Each Keller Williams office is independently owned and operated. Keller Williams Realty, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports the Fair Housing Act.
The Code of Ethics
- Protect and promote your client’s interests, but be honest with all parties.
- Avoid exaggeration, misrepresentation, and concealment of pertinent facts. Do not reveal facts that are confidential under the scope of your agency relationship.
- Cooperate with other real estate professionals to advance your client’s best interests.
- When buying or selling, make your position in the transaction or interest known.
- Disclose present or contemplated interest in any property to all parties.
- Avoid side deals without your client’s informed consent.
- Accept compensation from only one party, except with full disclosure and informed consent.
- Keep the funds of clients and customers in escrow.
- Assure, whenever possible, that transactional details are in writing.
- Provide equal service to all clients and customers.
- Be knowledgeable and competent in the fields of practice in which you ordinarily engage. Obtain assistance or disclose lack of experience if necessary.
- Communicate honestly and present a true picture in your advertising, marketing, and other public representations.
- Do not engage in the unauthorized practice of law.
- Be a willing participant in Code enforcement procedures.
- Ensure that your comments about other real estate professionals are truthful, and not misleading.
- Respect the exclusive representation or exclusive brokerage relationship agreements that other REALTORS® have with their clients.
- Arbitrate and mediate contractual and specific non-contractual disputes with other REALTORS® and with your clients.